The port of Nador is located on the Mediterranean coast, East of Cap des Trois Fourches, about 70 km from the Algerian border. It is slightly oriented North-South and located at the northwestern end of Sebkha Bou Areg (Mar Chica) just south of the port of Melilla, backed against the first 900 m of the Melilla breakwater.
- ◊ Location: 35 ° 17 'N - 2 ° 55' 2 ° O ;
- ◊ Function: Trade, passengers, fishing ;
- ◊ Road access :
- –The National Highway No. 39 linking al Hoceima to Melilla ;
- –The Oujda-Rabat Highway is located within 100 km from Nador ;
- –The Mediterranean ring road linking the Oriental region with the main cities of Northwest region of the country
- ◊ Rail connection :
- - Railway between Nador and Taourirt.
In 1955, the city of Nador featured a small harbor built in the large lagoon called the Mar Chica and connected to the Mediterranean by a canal. The port, with a length of 2500 m, was built to promote import-export activities (mainly staples and construction materials) using 300-tonne payload motorboats and a draught of less than 3 meters.
Construction of the new deepwater port of Nador-Beni Ensar began in January 1975 with the primary aim of serving the Oriental region, the main market, and the Sonasid-Seferif steel-manufacturing complex of Nador. The port of Nador has been operating part-time since 1978. That same year, the port management was entrusted to RAPC. The port of Nador is currently experiencing rapid development, especially in passenger traffic.